Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Beginnings

Every diet has a journey right? Some not as long as others, but nonetheless, a journey. Sure, maybe the cabbage soup diet lasted until 10 pm the first day until you found yourself headfirst in a bowl of Chunky Monkey. Or maybe that Atkins thing left you bloated and nauceous because you at just about every meaty, cheesy, bacon-y, morsel you could get your hands on. On these diet quests,  I've waged long and short battles with my diets, defeating and being defeated time and time again. Food has now become this outside source that is neither friend nor foe in my eyes. I feel like it's time for a new beginning. And while I feel  I need to do an overly dramatic refrigerator/pantry purge, that's not where I want to start. I need a new blueprint, an education of food and what it does to my body. My goal is to feel connected to my food, not having it be my solice if I am upset or being my own personal bully if I gain weight. I'm starting from the ground up, literally, and going with more locally grown food, which I can't wait to get my hands on! I also want to explore food obsessions nationally and globally to try to get a handle on the real root of my issues. And lastly, to learn what healthy actually feels like. Yeah, that's sweet to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment